- What is the deadline for submissions to the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
All entries must be received no later than 3:00 p.m (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, December 16, 2011.
- Will the submission period be extended?
Any extension to the submission deadline will be prominently posted on the New York Photo Festival website.
- Who is eligible to submit to the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
Submission to the Feast your Eyes
juried exhibition is open to all persons over the age of 18.
There is an entry fee of $25 for each 3 images or short film/videos submitted.
- Can i submit images from more than one project?
Yes. You may chose to submit images from a single project or a selection of images from multiple projects.
Can i submit an image series?
Yes. You may submit a series of related images. However, each image will be viewed and judged individually and there is no guarantee that all images belonging to the series will be chosen for the exhibition.
- Do i have to live in New York in order to submit my work to the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
No. Submission to the Feast your Eyes
juried exhibition is open to photographers from around the world.
- How many images can I submit?
There is no limit to how many images each artist may submit.
- What kind/size of files can I submit?
* Maximum file size: 3MB
* File Format: JPEG
* Images should be saved at 72dpi
* Color Profile: Adobe RGB
* Images should be no larger than 1400 pixels on their longest dimension
- Can I send print material, books, or CDs?
Only online submissions will be accepted. Please do not send any hard-copy materials, they will not be returned.
- Can I submit my website for consideration?
No. Please upload individual images through the online submission process.
- Will I receive a notice that my submission has been received?
You can log on to the site and review/edit your submissions by clicking on the "Edit Image" tab of your account. If the images appear properly in your account, they have been successfully received. If you need a receipt, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'll be happy to send one to you.
No, all submissions must be paid for electronically, via credit card.
- Will I receive a receipt for my entry fee?
After you pay by credit card, a confirmation screen will appear, showing your submission and the final amount paid. Please print this page for your records as it will serve as your receipt of payment. If you need another copy of your receipt, please drop us an email at email@example.com - we'll be happy to send one to you.
- I am unable to register or upload my images. What should I do?
Please check that you do not have a firewall installed that is preventing access. You may also try to submit using a different web browser (such as Firefox or Safari) or a different computer. If you are still experiencing technical problems, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a short description of the problem you are encountering.
- How many photographs will be selected for the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
65 photographs will be selected for inclusion in the exhibition. Photographs will be presented salon-style. A short selection of films, videos and multimedia pieces will also be presented on a flat-screen display.
- How can I find out if my work was selected for the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
All artists selected to participate will be individually notified by email no later than December 20, 2011. The names of those selected will also be posted online at http://feast.newyorkphotofestival.com no later than December 20, 2011.
- My work was selected for the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition! What's next?
If you receive notification that the jury has selected your work for inclusion in the Feast your Eyes
juried exhibition, you will have to arrange for your work to be delivered or dropped-off at The powerHouse Arena (37 Main Street, Dumbo, Brooklyn) no later than January 4, 2012. If you're planning on shipping the artwork to us, please consider including a return-shipment label to expedite the return of your artwork after the conclusion of the show.
Work must be dropped off properly wrapped and clearly labelled with your name and contact info. All work must be delivered suitably mounted or framed and ready for hanging.
- What are the minimum/maximum dimensions of work that can be accepted for the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
Work delivered or dropped off for the Feast your Eyes
juried exhibition should not exceed 28 inches x 42 inches in size when mounted or framed. There is no official minimum size limit.
- Are there any official guidelines for mounting or framing my work for the Feast your Eyes juried exhibition?
There are no official mounting or framing guidelines. Artists are free to choose the presentation that best fits their work. However, please make sure that your work is outfitted with appropriate hanging gear, such as wire, hangers, hanging rail, etc depending on its size and weight before dropping it off.
- My question is not answered in this FAQ page. How can I contact a member of the New York Photo Festival team?
Please email your question to email@example.com
. We will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible.